Pedagogical courses

If you teach undergraduate courses you should normally have attained teaching skills through some means. At some departments there are courses in pedagogical training available and you may have the right to attend them. Different universities and departments have different ways of compensating for the time that doctoral students spend in completing such courses. Some departments include pedagogical courses the same way as any course towards the research degree, and credit them as such. Other departments treat pedagogical courses as part of departmental duties (institutionstjänstgöring), in which case you get prolongation for doing the course. For more information about the pedagogical courses at your department, you can contact the director of research studies, the administration staff, or your supervisor.