Sick leave

If you go on sick leave during your doctoral studies, the law states that you can get prolongation for this. The prolongation will generally correspond to the time spent on leave.

You should document time spent on sick leave in your ISP. You have to report being sick  to your employer and your university – the HR department can help with that. 

If you are on part-time sick leave for a longer period, for example for burn-out, you should get prolongation for the percentage of time spent on sick leave. For example, being on leave for 50% for four weeks means that you should have two full time weeks of prolongation.