Parental leave

If you go on parental leave during your doctoral studies, the law states that you can get prolongation for this. The prolongation will generally correspond to the time spent on leave.

You should document time spent on parental leave in your ISP. You have to report your leave to your employer and your university – the HR department can help with that. 

If you are on part-time parental leave for a longer period, for example for burn-out, you should get prolongation for the percentage of time spent on leave. For example, being on leave for 50% for four weeks means that you should have two full time weeks of prolongation.